1. General Questions

Is there a kilometer limit?

No, an unlimited amount of kilometers is included in your booking.

Am I allowed to bring my pets?

Yes, a few of our campers are reserved exclusively for dog owners. Please choose the „dog camper“ option when booking if you would like to take your dog with you. Unless you fail to clean the vehicle accordingly after your trip, there is no extra charge for dog campers.

Am I allowed to smoke inside the vehicle?

NO. Smoking inside the vehicle is strictly forbidden. In case of non-compliance with this rule, we have to charge you an extra 500 Euro for our special cleaning flat rate.

How old do I have to be?

As a renter, you have to be at least 18 years old. Additionally, you have to have been in possession of your B class driver’s license for at least a year, without interruption.

2. COVID-19

Can I cancel my booking, if the pandemic makes camping illegal/impossible?

Because of the pandemic, we’ve updated our cancellation policy. You can find it under Booking / Cancellation.

Can I be certain my camper has not been contaminated with COVID-19?

At the earliest, you will get your camper 24 hours after we got it back from the previous renter. As usual, all of our campers are cleaned thoroughly by the team. In addition all areas you might come in contact with are treated with a disinfectant.

How do you prevent contagion during the handover?

We wear FFP2 masks during the handover and ask you to do the same. If preferred the entire handover can also take place without any contact at all via FaceTime or Skype.

How do I know what's (not) allowed at my destination(s)?

We advise you to inform yourself and stay informed regarding the current situation. Feel free to contact us or check out our COVID-19 map, which offers a rough overview of the situation in Europe and is updated every Monday. While we cannot guarantee that our information is 100% correct, we do try our best while doing research.

3. Booking / Cancellation

Why do you calculate your prices per 24h and not per night?

Simply put: We want to offer you maximum flexibility. You can fetch your camper in the morning or in the evening and you only pay for the time period during which you actually utilised the camper.

What are your terms of payment?

When making a booking, 100% of your total has to be paid directly.

What do I do if I want to change my booking?

For any changes regarding your booking send us an email at info@camperboys.com or call us at +49 (0) 174 1536499. Please make sure to include your booking number. We’ll then inform you whether the changes requested are possible and if there would be any sort of extra charge involved in making them.

Can I extend the duration of my rental?

Extending the duration of your rental is only possible if the vehicle has not been previously reserved for the requested time period by someone else. Send us an email at info@camperboys.com or call us at +49 (0) 174 1536499. Please make sure to include your booking number.

How much is the deposit?

Normally we charge a 750 Euro deposit. If you’ve chosen our Carefree-Package “Expedition” a deposit will not be necessary.

When is the deposit due and how can I pay it?

If you haven’t booked our Carefree-Package “Expedition”, a deposit of 750 Euros has to be paid via credit card during the handover of the vehicle. Alternatively the money can be transferred to the CamperBoys account up to 5 days prior to the rental.

When do I get my deposit back?

As soon as the camper has been delivered back to us as agreed previously we will immediately release the sum that was blocked on your credit card. In case you paid for the deposit by money transfer we will repay you within 14 days.

What is your cancellation policy?

Up to 60 days before the start of your rental period you can cancel without extra charge while also getting back what you paid in full. For cancellations that occur less than 60 days before the start of your rental we have developed a pricing scale which you can read more about in our GTC.

Covid-19 Update:
To make planning your vacation easier for you in these special times we have updated our cancellation policy:

All renters whose cancellation we receive more than 60 days prior to the start of their rental period get their payment paid back in full.

All renters whose cancellation we receive anywhere between 60 days and 48 hours before the start of their rental period get their payment back in the form of a coupon that’s valid for 3 years. In addition there is no extra charge/cancellation fee.

These special regulations are an addition to our GTC.

Can I cancel additional equipment?

Sadly we cannot refund additional equipment that has already been booked (e.g. bike racks) since the effort to do so usually exceeds the booking value.

What's the minimum rental period?

The minimum rental period is 2 days.

Is there a discount for long-term rentals?

Yes, as of the 16th day of your rental period you get 5% off your total price, as of the 23rd you get 10% off and as of the 37th day it’s 15% off.

4. Ausstattung

Can I book an additional bike rack?

Yes, for an extra charge of 4 Euros per day.

Can I use my child seat in the vehicle?

Yes, you can fasten it with the seat belt. In addition our vehicles have an Isofix system, for which you only have to bring along your Isofix station.

Do your vans have a trailer hitch?

No, they do not.

5. Pick-Up and return

When and where can I collect the van?

Both of our locations in Munich and Hamburg are near the local airport.
Munich: Zur Isar 8, 85354 Freising
Hamburg: Nedderfeld 17B, 22529 Hamburg.

You can pick up and return your camper van every day, Monday to Sunday, between 8 am and 5 pm at one of our locations. For an extra charge pick-ups and returns outside of our opening hours can also be arranged – please contact us beforehand if this is necessary. We ask that you return the vehicle to the same location that you picked it up from.

What do I have to bring along to the pick-up?

Necessary documents: driver’s license and ID or passport of all drivers. Your credit card for the outstanding payment, if the money hasn’t already been transferred. Please remember the necessary PIN number.

6. Damage and Misdemeanor

How am I insured during my trip?

We offer insurance on three different levels with our Carefree packages, starting with our “Basic” package which is free. Our middle package, the “Adventure” package costs 15 Euros per day and our highest level insurance, the “Expedition” package, comes in at 29 Euros per day. More information on the scope of services and the deductible can be found on our homepage under “Insurance”.

What happens in case of damages?

In case of a breakdown or a vehicular malfunction you should immediately call the Volkswagen hotline. The Volkswagen mobility warranty applies in all of Western Europe and in a gr owing number of Eastern European countries as well:

  • Within Germany: 0800-8655792436
  • Outside of Germany: 0049-53612759999

If this service cannot help you, the Europe-wide breakdown cover comes into effect. Please contact the respective insurance. In case of an accident you also need to contact the local police. In any case every breakdown, damage or accident also has to be reported to the CamperBoys headquarter immediately. During the handover you will get all important telephone numbers of the manufacturer, insurance and our headquarter.

What happens in case of a parking violation or if I drove too fast?

In case of a traffic violation or criminal offense we, as vehicle owners, get sent the notice. We will then forward it to you for payment. For this we charge a handling fee of 19 Euros.

7. Service

Who takes care of cleaning?

The van is handed over to you freshly wiped and clean. If you return it in the same condition there’s no extra cleaning fee. Didn’t have time to clean on the inside? No problem – for a fee of 60 (Beach and Ocean models) or 100 Euros (Grand California model) we will take care of the cleaning ourselves. Outside cleaning is included in our service flat-rate and assumed by us.

What about refueling?

You have to pay for the necessary fuel for your trip yourself. The vehicle will be handed over to you with a full tank and we expect you to return it with a full tank as well. Otherwise we charge an extra fee of 19 Euros plus the accruing fuel costs.

Can I park my car at your location?

Yes, for 5 Euros per day you can park your private car at our location while you’re on the road with one of our vans.

I've heard you'll even wash my car?

You’ve heard correctly! For an additional 90 Euros we will clean your entire car while you’re on the road so it’s nice and clean when you get back. The parking fee of 5 Euros per day still applies.

Do you offer a shuttle service?

Yes, we can pick you up for free at the next S-Bahn or U-Bahn station. Please inform us in due time of your arrival date.

For a fee of 20 Euros per route we also offer a shuttle service to the airport.

8. Camping abroad

Which countries am I allowed to travel to with the camper?

The contractual territory in which the vehicle is allowed to be driven includes the EU (European Union) states as well as Norway, Great Britain, Switzerland, Liechtenstein and states of the former Yugoslavia.

Can you tell me if, in the country where I'm going, there's a toll to pay for the use of the roads?

Within the European Union there are nine countries with a mandatory, route-related toll: France, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Croatia, Poland, Portugal and Spain. Great Britain also requires you to pay a toll. Additional information can be found here on our blog or here on the homepage of the ADAC.

How can I exchange my gas cylinder in Norway?

In Norway there’s a different standard for the ports of gas cylinders. There’s two ways you can get a full cylinder there. Either you refill the one you already have – the company LPG runs a network of gas filling stations (www.lpgguiden.no) – or you buy an adapter with which you can connect Norwegian cylinders. After your trip you can return the cylinder and get your “Pfand”/small deposit back. The adapter you’ll have to keep.

When do I need an environmental badge in France?

Foreign cars need to carry an environmental badge, the so-called „Crit’Air Vignette“. If you’re planning on travelling through France during your trip, there are a few things you should know:

There are 2 different environmental zones in France:
The so-called „ZPA“ (zones à protection de l’air) are temporary zones within which driving bans can be issued for city centers or metropolitan areas on short notice in case of acute high pollution situations.
The ZCR (zones à circulation restreinte) are fixed environmental zones with traffic restrictions. To be allowed to drive within these zones your vehicle needs a ‚Crit’Air‘ Vignette. Vignettes are (as of April 2019) mandatory in Paris, Grenoble (including the highway), Lille, Lyon (except for A6, A7, A42), Annecy and Straßburg.

When travelling to France you’re responsible for the registration. It can easily be done online: Contact us about a week before your departure via info@camperboys.com . We’ll then send you the specific vehicle data which you’ll need for registering your van on the official website of the French Ministry of Environment. For a handling fee of 4,21 Euros you can then request the necessary vignette for your camper. The vignette will be sent to the address on the vehicle registration, which is that of the CamperBoys headquarter in Munich. 48 – 72 hours after your registration you should get a confirmation of your order to the e-mail address you used to file the registration. Keep this as official proof of your registration.

If you have additional questions all information can be found under https://www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/de/

I want to book a ferry - what do I need to consider?

When booking a ferry to Sardinia, Corsica or Norway for example, please remember to specify the vehicle’s length of 6 meters (7 meters for the Grand California model).

As a licence plate number please put „Rental Car“ since, even though we know what the license plate of your camper is, it could be replaced in a repair shop in case of damages etc. This might cause problems for you. Ferry providers know and approve this procedure.

I am a Swiss citizen and want to book one of your vans: What do I need to bear in mind?

Since May 1st of 2020 a regulation applies in Switzerland according to which you are allowed to travel to Switzerland with one of our vans, but you’re only allowed to stay there for eight days in a row. In addition you need to register the vehicle at a border customs station.

9. Camping in winter

Is it even warm enough to go camping in winter?

Yes! All of our vans are equipped with high-performance parking heaters. They run on diesel or gas and are therefore permanently usable.

For our models with a pop-up roof (California Beach and Ocean) additional roof tent insulation can be booked for a fee of 4€ per day to be even more cold-proof.

What do I need to keep in mind when camping in winter?

Here’s everything you need to know about camping in winter. If you find this article to be incomprehensible, it was written in German after all, you might want to consider doing additional research.

Are there any campsites which are open during the winter months?

We’ve compiled a list of campsites which we’ve tested and approved of ourselves that are open in winter. You can find it here.

10. Sustainability

How do you realise climate-neutral travelling?

We compensate every kilometer you drive. What makes this possible is our contract with out partner natureOffice. Details can also be found in this article.

If this matter is important to you, you are very welcome to support us and opt-in during the booking process to assume part of or all of the compensation costs.

Does the diesel driving ban apply to your vehicles?

No, since our campers satisfy the latest standards you can take your vehicle to every European city.

11. Buying a camper

Do you also sell campers?

Yes, at the end of each season we sell most of our vehicles. Just call us to talk about details or schedule an inspection. If you want to test your dream camper thoroughly before buying, we highly recommend renting it beforehand.

If you do decide to buy one of our vans you get your rental costs back, as long as they don’t exceed 300 Euros.
An overview of the vehicles we’re currently selling (including prices) can be found here.

What should I bear in mind when buying a camper?

We’ve created a guideline to give you a better understanding of what’s important when buying your very own camper van.