Questions & Answers

Is it posible to pay only a prepayment when booking?

Yes, with a CamperBoys booking, only 50% of the rental price plus the service fee is due as a prepayment. The remaining 50% can be paid either on arrival (via EC or credit card) or in advance by bank transfer.

If you cancel on time, the entire prepayment will be refunded.

Why is the price calculated per day and not by night?

Quite simple: most of you prefer to start your holiday in the morning and come back in the evening. So that you don’t have to book two more days (pick up in the afternoon before the start of your trip and return in the morning after your return), we have adapted our offer to your travel behaviour.

What are your cancellation conditions?

Up to 60 days before the start of the rental period you can cancel free of charge and get the full amount refunded. For cancellations made less than 60 days before the start of the trip, we have a graduated rate, which can be found in our terms and conditions.

Corona Update:

To enable you to plan your holiday despite the current exceptional situation, we have adapted our cancellation conditions:

  • If a cancellation is made more than 60 days before the start of your holiday, the entire deposit will be refunded
  • If a cancellation is made within 60 days and up to 48 hours prior to departure, all cancellation fees will be refunded in the form of a travel voucher valid for one year.

These special regulations are a supplement to our general terms and conditions.

When and where can we pick up the camper?

Our location is directly at Terminal 1, car park P1, of Munich Airport. There you can pick up or return the bus every day from 8 am to 6 pm.
On request and for an extra charge, the vans can be picked up and returned before 8 am or after 6 pm.

Can we park our car at your place?

Yes, you can park your vehicle for a little extra cost for the entire duration of your trip.

When is the deposit due and how can it be deposited?

A deposit of 750€ must be paid by bank transfer or by credit card to CamperBoys for each rental. Alternatively you can transfer the money up to 5 working days before the rental to the CamperBoys account.

Can our four-legged friends come on board too?

Yes, some of our VW buses are specially reserved for dog owners. Please choose the “dog camper” option  when booking if you want to take a dog with you. In addition, we expect the vehicle to be cleaned at the end of the trip – in this case no additional costs will be incurred.

Who pays for the petrol?

Of course you pay the fuel for your journey yourself. The car will be left to you with a full tank and should be returned with a full tank at the end of the journey. Otherwise you will have to pay a fee of 19 Euro in addition to the fuel costs.

What happens in case of damage?

In the event of a breakdown or malfunction of your vehicle, please contact the Volkswagen hotline immediately. The Volkswagen Mobility Guarantee is valid throughout Western Europe and in more and more Eastern European countries:

  • Within Germany: 0800-8655792436
  • Outside Germany: 0049-53612759999

Should this service not be able to help you, the Europe-wide breakdown cover letter will take effect. Please contact the appropriate insurance company. In the event of an accident, you must also inform the local police. In any case you have to inform the CamperBoys head office immediately of any breakdown, damage or accident. All important telephone numbers of the manufacturer, the insurance company and our head office will be handed over to you when the bus is handed over.

Which countries can we travel with the camper?

The contract territory in which the vehicle may be driven includes the territory of the European Union as well as Great Britain, Switzerland, Liechtenstein and the territory of the former Yugoslavia. If you have any questions, please contact our customer service on +49 157 589 200 03.

What about the cleaning?

You will receive your camper freshly wiped and clean. If you also bring it back to us like this, there will be no cleaning costs – we are convinced that you can use the money better on your trip.

If you don’t have time for cleaning, we will take care of the cleaning for a one-time fee of 60€. The outside cleaning is included in the service fee and will be taken over by us.


Can we extend our rental period?

This is only possible if the vehicle has not yet been reserved in the desired period at the time of your renewal request. If you contact us by phone or e-mail, we can discuss this with you.

Is there a mileage limit?

No. Since the season of 2020, all driven kilometers are included in the rental price.

Do the diesel driving bans also apply to your vehicles?

No, since our buses meet the latest standards, you can travel to any European city at any time.

We want to book a ferry - what is there to consider?

If you want to book a ferry, please fill in the following length details:

– 6 meters with bicycle rack
– 5 meters without bicycle rack

Please enter “Rental Car” as the license plate number, since the assignment of the corresponding vehicle can change in some cases again.

When do I need an environmental sticker for my camper in France?

In France an environmental sticker, the so-called “Crit’Air Vignette”, is mandatory for foreign vehicles. So if you want to drive your camper through France, you should consider the following:

There are 2 types of low emission zones in France:

  • the so-called “ZPA” (zones à protection de l’air) are temporary zones in which driving bans for inner cities and conurbations are imposed at short notice for acute pollution situations.
  • The ZCR (zones à circulation restreinte) are fixed environmental zones with traffic restrictions. To enter these zones, your vehicle needs the ‘Crit’Air’ vignette. Vignettes are currently (April 2019) compulsory in Paris, Grenoble (also for the motorway), Lille, Lyon (except A6, A7, A42), Annecy and Strasbourg.

If you travel to France, you are responsible for the registration yourself. It’s easy to do this online: contact us about one week before departure by e-mail at . We will then send you the specific vehicle data you need to register your bus on the official site of the French Ministry of the Environment (external link), and you can apply for the vignette for your camper for 4.21 euros processing fee! The vignette will be sent to the address indicated on the vehicle registration document, i.e. our CamperBoys headquarters. However, you will receive an order confirmation after 48 – 72 hours to your private e-mail address with which you have applied for registration. And this will be regarded as official proof of registration in the event of a possible inspection. If you have any further questions, you can find all information again at .

What does climate-neutral travel mean?

Every kilometer you drive will be compensated by us – we support a reforestation project in Brazil. You can find more information here.

If you feel like it, you can also support us and pay a part of the compensation costs when you book.

Exchange gas cylinder in Norway

In Norway there is a different standard for the connections of gas cylinders. There you have two possibilities to get a full bottle. Either you refill your gas bottle – the company LPG runs a network of gas stations ( – or you buy an adapter to connect the Norwegian bottles. After the trip you can return the bottle and get your deposit back. You must keep the adapter, please.

Can I cancel equipment already booked?

Unfortunately, we cannot refund any costs for equipment already booked (e.g. also bicycle carriers), as we buy and pre-finance it according to the number of bookings. So please understand that equipment cannot be cancelled separately.

Is it possible to buy VW buses from you?

Yes, at the end of each season we sell most of our vehicles. Just give us a call to discuss details or arrange a viewing.

If you want to put your favorite VW bus through its paces, we recommend that you rent it in advance. If it comes after a purchase, you get the rental costs up to an amount of 500€ refunded.