Our Camping Packing list
15. May 2020
A road trip with a CamperBoys camper van is the epitome of freedom and spontaneity — waking up somewhere new every day or just staying where you like. Some preparation can’t hurt, though. When packing for your camping trip, the motto is: as much as necessary, as little as possible. Here we summarize how you can best prepare for a trip in a camper van.
Your documents are essential for a smooth roadtrip and belong on every camping packing list!
It is best to stow what you need during the trip in the driver’s compartment of your camper van, so you have everything ready and save yourself the search.
- Identity card / passport
- Driver’s licence (+ diving licence / sailing licence)
- Health insurance card / Confirmation of international health insurance
- EC / debit card / credit card
- Student card (advantageous in museums)
- Vignettes / toll tickets
- (Digital) copies of all documents
Advice: if you want to protect yourself from burglary and theft, you should stow your documents in an inconspicuous place not easily visible when the bus is parked.
What’s better than spending time in a camper van? Being outside, sitting in front of the camper van and enjoying the evening together with your loved ones with a breathtaking landscape. We have taken care of the seating situation: all VW camper vans are equipped with a camping table and two chairs. But that’s not all — here you can find the extensive standard equipment of our camper vans.
You should bring the following equipment:
- Bed sheets and covers (1-2 bed sheets 120 cm / pillows / blankets or sleeping bags / duvet covers)
- Towels (we recommend microfiber or linen towels because they dry faster and are compact)
- Toilet paper (gas station toilets, yayy)
- Flashlight / Headlamp (do not forget batteries or charger)
- Pocket knife
- Camping lamp and/or candles
- Lighter or matches
- Picnic blanket
You can also rent bed sheets and towels from us.
You want to travel in a top equipped camper?
COOKING IN A CAMPER
If you rent a CamperBoys camper van, you don’t have to worry about kitchen equipment: from the basics like dishes and cutlery to pots/pans and wine glasses, everything is ready for you. Additionally, all campers have a refrigerator, an integrated and portable gas cooker as well as a sink.
The following kitchen tools could be useful:
- Can opener
- read knife / steak knife
- All-purpose cleaning towels/cloths
- Paper towels
- Aluminium foil
You can find out which foods are best suited for camping and how to store them in our blog article: Camping Kitchen Hacks. Even the best equipment will be useless, if you don’t buy the right foods for camping.
TRAVEL MEDICAL KIT
We want you to stay healthy on your journey. Nevertheless, the risk of mosquito bites, sunburns, burns, cuts or a hangover are relatively high when camping. With a complete medical kit, you have nothing to worry about:
- Wound and healing ointment
- Headache tablets / Magnesium for a hangover (ask your pharmacist)
- Blistering ointment
- Charcoal tablets
- Allergy tablets / Emergency set for those suffering from allergies
- Sunscreen / After Sun Gel
- Bandaids/ Bandages
- Tweezers / Scissors
- Bug spray
- Disinfectant spray
- Personal medication
- ough syrup / cough drops
- Nasal spray
- Eye drops for those suffering from allergies
ELECTRONICS / ENTERTAINMENT
For some, the smartphone is an important travel companion as it servers as a navigation device, camera and communication medium. Others are happy to put it away for a few days and not be readily available. Whoever you identify with, here are a few suggestions for useful electronic gadgets on your camping trip:
- Replacement memory card for camera
- Portable Batteries
- Navigation system (can be booked optionally)
For the times you don’t have to drive, are taking a break or are sitting around the campfire, we have a few suggestions on how to entertainment yourself and others:
- Music / Playlists
- Audio books
- Playing cards / Board games
- Ball games (badminton, beach volleyball,…)
- Bicycle (you can take your bicycles along with the optionally bookable bicycle rack)
Ready? Steady? GO!
It’s clear that packing for your camping trip is not easy. But if you use the CamperBoys camping packing list and add your personal “Must Haves”, then you are perfectly equipped for your roadtrip. What are you waiting for? Get on the road because adventure is calling!